Dermatopathology and Podiatry
Our board-certified pathologists provide expert interpretation of skin excisions and neoplasms, soft tissues, punch biopsies, dermatitis, subcutaneous masses, bones, and nails.
- Special Stains – PAS, GMS, and GRAM
- Immunohistochemistry – Melanoma markers, HMB-45 melanoma marker, MELAN-A-Melanoma marker, angiomyolipoma, and S-100 TYROSINASE Mast Cell Tumors
- Microbiology – This includes culture and sensitivity testing.
Genesis Labs has been a leader in providing Podiatric Pathology Services to podiatrists all over the country. We are performing histopathology, histochemistry, and/or immunophenotypic examination of the skin, soft tissue, bone, and cytology obtained through biopsy, excision, and amputation.
- Cytology for needle aspiration
- Histochemical Studies (PAS, GMS, FM)
- Immunohistochemical Stains (S100, Melan-A, etc.)
- Skin neoplasms (pigmented and verrucous lesions, masses, ulcerations)
- Dermatitis (tinea, eczema)
- Subcutaneous masses (lipoma, ganglia)
- Nail unit neoplasms (melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma, etc.)
- Aerobic Culture and Sensitivity
Genesis Labs uses molecular methods for fungal pathogen detection, and DNA (PCR) based testing in identifying genetic materials.
Some insurance companies require laboratory test confirmation in order for antifungal medicine to be covered. Genesis Labs has designed a comprehensive fungal infection panel listed below.
Currently Available List of Designed and Tested Assays include:
- Acremonium strictum
- Microsporum nanum
- Neofusicoccum mangiferae
- Aspergillus fumigatus
- Pichia onychis
- Aspergillus niger
- Sarcoptes scabiei
- Aspergillus terreus
- Scopulariopsis brevicaulis
- Aspergillus versicolor
- Scytalidinum dimidiatum
- Candida albicans
- Trichophyton interdigitale
- Candida parapsilosis
- Trichophyton rubrum
- Curvularia lunata
- Trichophyton soudanense
- Epidermophyton floccosum
- Trichophyton tonsurans
- Fusarium solani
- Trichophyton violaceum
- Geotrichum candidum
- Trichosporon beigelii
- Microsporum audouinii
- Trichosporon mucoides
- Microsporum canis
- Zygosaccharomyces spp.
- Microsporum gypseum